Saturday, June 30, 2012

Another Party Card for The Outlawz

Yup. Don't faint. It's two cards in one week! Scaaaaaary!

But first, we have a word from our sponsors. Not really. Just needed to mention a couple of things before I go to my card.

I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 yesterday. It was on sale, probably because they are coming out with a new version. That's OK; we don't need the latest and greatest. We just need a good program for manipulating photo files, as I have found I really need that for using digi images. I want to be able to move them into a scene and size them. Hopefully, this will take care of that problem. Now, if I could just get Gary to install it for me and tell me how to use it. (I am somewhat technologically-challenged. Please, stop laughing and rolling on the floor. That's not polite.)

I am currently reading a wonderful book, which was recommended by my sister, Merrilyn: The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom. Love it, love it, love it!

Also, I finished both June selections for the Bookendz Book Club. Good thing, as the month ends today! OMG--where does the time go, anyway? Both books were wonderful reads--like I have said before, Suzanne Dean picks out some great reading material for us! The first one I read this month was The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon. (And, no, that is not a typo in the title.) The second book was Sweetgrass by Mary Alice Monroe. The first selection was a bit depressing--just wanted to warn you in advance, in case you don't like that kind of story. However, it is so wonderfully written that it is really worth reading.
  
I need a drum roll, please, for my next bit! (How does one type a drum roll, anyway?) Ta-Daaaaaaaaaa! I bowled a 160 average Thursday night! Woohooooo! Will wonders never cease! I have been complaining for weeks about my poor scoring on our league. And then, lo and behold, I recover. Quite nicely, if I do say so myself. And, of course, I do. Oh, and Gary rolled a 219 average, so don't you just know that he was a happy camper, too! And the biggest miracle of all: we took all four points! Since we only had four points through seven weeks of bowling, you can imagine that we were as happy as our opposing team was ticked off. After all, they were in fourth place. I doubt that they are any longer--after losing all four points to the last place team! LOLOLOL! Oh, sorry, do I sound a bit obnoxious? Tough.

Alrighty then, on to my latest creation. The party challenge for The Outlawz Copic/Promarker group is to create a project that represents where we are from or where we live now. I have lived in four states so far in my life; I chose to showcase my present abode. And, no, it's not Texas, although the cute greeting by Create with TLC could indicate that. And the saguaros in the digi image by Bombshell Stamps are in the Sonoran Desert, which runs from Mexico into Arizona and California. Aren't you thrilled for the geography lesson? We aim to please. (And don't ask who we are. Some of my other personalities might take offense.) Well, anyway, we are in the Valley of the Sun, which is Hell by another mother, I mean, by another name. No, not really, it just feels like it right now, with our highs of 111 degrees. Oh, yeah, and the Valley of the Sun is in Arizona, where Phoenix is located. But I am not in Phoenix. But I am in the Valley of the Sun. Just wanted to be clear about that. Yeah, clear as mud.

So, my little line dancer is a digi image by MayzyArt. I think she is such a little cutie, as all of Mayzy's images are. Love them! She was printed on Cryogen CS, as was the desert scene; then both were colored with Copics. Colors used were: R01, R32, R35, R37, R39, B0000, B32, B34, B37, B39, Y0000, Y26, G40, G43, G46, E000, E00, E11, E13, E31, E33, E35, E37, E55. I added Glossy Accents to her eyes, lips, and belt buckle. Signo Uniball white gel pen was used to accent the images. My patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye Confetti collection. I hesitate to even mention that because it is no longer available. That collection was from 2007; yeah, well, I have hoarded DSP for years, (obviously)! I distressed the DSP with my Zutter Distrezz-It-All. The card-stock is from Stampin' Up, as was the ink that I sponged on the cactus scene. I added some burlap, some cardboard, Wild Orchid Crafts flowers and stick-pin, and  a mini SU clothespin. I used a Journaling Ticket from the Tim Holtz Ideology line.  And my doilies are from a Cheery Lynn Nautical Wheeler die.

Gary looked at my card when I had it laid out, prior to adhering the parts together. And he said, "A little busy, isn't it?" Why, yes, yes it is. But after making a CAS card, I was going through layer withdrawal. I had to get my "fix" in RIGHT NOW!
Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to shout at you. That was meant for Gary.

I am entering this "busy" card into the following:

The Outlawz CPC Where are You From Party Challenge
Wild Orchid Punch It Out Challenge
Love to Create Anything Goes Challenge

Hoping this finds all of you having a wonderful weekend!


40 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, those flowers look just like the wildflowers that grow everywhere in Texas! absolutely gorgeous!
    I don't think this is the slightest bit busy, but then again, my CAS card wasn't really, so I'm not one to talk! ;) I love every little bit you added!

    I haven't started reading 'Beautiful Girl' yet because of the things all of you have been saying about it....not sure I'm ready for a downer book. but I did like 'Sweetgrass'. I did just finish last night one of the other books recommended and that was 'The Saving of Cee Cee Honeycutt'. what a precious book! you might give that one a go.

    enjoy your weekend, and let's make a deal - no more CAS, okay?! waaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard to do! tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jennifer!
      Yeah, I wouldn't advise reading "Beautiful Girl" until you are really ready for it! But thank you for the book recommendation! :^)
      Hey, it's a deal--no more CAS, LOL! ;^)
      Hugs,
      Penny

      Delete
  2. This is SO cute! Perfect for the party!
    * I use Microsoft Word to manipulate digis. And every so often I use The Gimp for photos. It is free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Trina! :^)
      Hmmmm, that's a good tip! Wish I had asked earlier! :^)
      Hugs,
      Penny

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! And we are in Tucson, AZ right now so it is quite fitting! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, RhondaSue! Too bad we are having such a heat wave here in Arizona! :^)
      Hugs,
      Penny

      Delete
  4. What a lovely card Penny and so cheerful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny, this is such a glorious card! I love your coloring and adore ALL the layers and "busyness". This is such a cute image too!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much, Marsha! :^)
      Hugs back,
      Penny

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful card lovely image and fab colours.... thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create challenge this week! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Jo! :^)
      Hugs,
      Penny

      Delete
  7. Your card is lovely!
    Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!! Come back and play with us again soon!!
    Hugs,
    Krista
    www.kristadesign.nl
    DT member LTOC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krista! :^)
      Hugs,
      Penny

      Delete
  8. It's fabulous! Great coloring, great use of the desert/cactus digi from Bombshell (<---woot!), and great design. I love all the layers and the placement of the elements that break the plane of the card. Very cool!

    She's having a party, so it should look "busy". Besides, what does HE know?(Gary, that is.)

    Your post cracked me up, as your posts usually do.

    Too bad, so sad for that poor no-longer-in-fourth-place team. They probably figured that they were gonna win and were all arrogant. Congrats to you and your dh for bowling so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Kathi, thank you for much for the sweet comments! And yeah, just what does Gary know anyway! VBG!
      You and I share the same sense of humor, methinks!
      And thanks for the congratulations for bowling! I hope we can keep on bowling well--that would be lovely for a change!
      Big hugs to you,
      Penny

      Delete
  9. Penny, I love your card! I don't think it is too busy. It makes me think of AZ as soon as I see it. My brother lived there 8 years. I came there 3 times and loved it. The image is so cute. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edwina, thank you so much for the nice compliment! Hugs,
      Penny

      Delete
  10. Well, Penny, I loved your card. I too live where its been really hot this year. Utah!! Oh yes and windy also. Not too busy on your card for me just toooo cute. Love love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Junie! Yes, Utah is also hot and windy--aren't we both having fun, huh? :^) Glad you liked the card!
      Hugs,
      Penny

      Delete
  11. Wow! Wow! Wow! Great job on a fabulous design and beautifully colored. Love it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much, Linda! :^)
      Hugs,
      Penny

      Delete
  12. Wow! What a cute little cowgirl! Love your gorgeous card!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, thank you very much! :^)
      Hugs back,
      Penny

      Delete
  13. Thanks for joining us at WOC with your beautiful card!

    Regards Malin ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Malin! :^)
      Hugs,
      Penny

      Delete
  14. WOW this is fantastic Penny what a fab image I love the details and design of this card what a stunner well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Elaine! :^)
      Hugs,
      Penny

      Delete
  15. Hi Penny!

    Your card is so cool! I love the colors and the beautiful details!

    Hugs
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Conny! :^)
      Hugs back,
      Penny

      Delete
  16. Fabulous card with gorgeous colouring and all those fantastic elements!! Congrats on the bowling score and hope the heat eases off soon - best of luck with PSE10, it's good but I do find it a bit tricky sometimes!! Very good for merging png digis though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks so much, Dawn, for the comments about my card and my bowling! :^)
      Our heat is here for the duration--usually through September--life in the desert, I guess!
      I tried Elements tonight and was able to size my image and my sentiment to what I wanted! I guess my next challenge will be merging! GULP! :^)
      Hugs,
      Penny

      Delete
  17. Hi sweetie, this is stunning, love this creation so much, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Pops! :^)
      Hugs,
      Penny

      Delete
  18. OMG fantastic card, love every little detail Penny, you rocked it!!! :) so glad you joined the party! big inky hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cindy! :^)
      Hugs back,
      Penny

      Delete
  19. Stunning card! I love all the details! Your embellishments are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us in the Copic Challenge Group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Darlene! :^)
      Hugs,
      Penny

      Delete
  20. Look at you getting your tech on with Photoshop Elements! I've only used Photoshop, but have heard good things about Elements.

    Next time Dad pops in while you're card-making, you should invite him to participate. Think of the romantic evenings you could have while card-making.

    Cute card here! That cowgirl image is so fun! And I love the use of cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well, I have too much to learn about Elements. It's almost overwhelming.
      Dad making cards? Now that's a funny picture! :^)
      Thank you!
      Hugs,
      Mom

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate the kind comments more than I can say! :^)
Hugs, Penny