Friday, September 20, 2013

The Outlawz Alcohol Markers Around the World Challenge

Today's challenge is to color an image that features a country. I suppose I could have done a cowboy/girl, since I live in the Wild, Wild West of the USA. But I decided to feature a foreign country instead. I chose Egypt, because I had such cute Egyptian images to use from Tiddly Inks. And I was able to get a background from Make It Crafty to go with the little gal I selected to color. So the images I printed on MICBC are: Tiddly Inks Young Cleopatra and Make It Crafty Egyptian Pyramids. My sentiment is from Tiddly Inks Egyptian Extras and Sentiments.

The Copic and Twin Touch Brush markers I used were:

Skin: E000, E01, TTR131, TTR139
Hair: C1, C5, C7, C8, C9, 10
Jewelry/Sandals/Hair Accents: Y21, Y23, Y26
Dress: BG10, BG11, C0, C1
Clouds: C0, C1
Sky: BG0000, BG10
Desert/Pyramids: E00, E11, E13, E15, E18

I added some die cuts on this card, (what a shock, right?), using the following dies: 
Cheery Lynn Oval Silver Stackers
Cheery Lynn Horizon Oval Boutique Stackers
MFT Fishtail Flags Stax 
SCACD Garden Corners

My DP is from the MME Honey Cake collection; it was distressed and paired with Stampin' Up CS. I added: chipboard dragonflies, brushed with Wink of Stella Brush Gold; pins, flowers, and swirls from WOC; and Tim Holtz Film Strip Ribbon. That's it for this week. I do intend to enter my card into the following:


I am going to mention a couple of things in closing. First of all, we went to the Arizona Cardinals game on Sunday, and we got to see them win in an exciting finish. The game was really worth the price of admission. Now, hopefully, the team will keep winning, especially at home!

Also, the Arizona Diamondbacks were finally eliminated from playoff contention yesterday. Boo, hiss. I know that their management doesn't read this blog, and wouldn't take my advice even if they did. But, really, guys, (yeah, Towers, I do mean you), can you please fix the bullpen? It sucks. Big time. And it wouldn't hurt to get another starting pitcher--a good, reliable one this time, OK? Thank you. 

I had my teeth cleaned on Monday--what a way to start a week, huh? Fortunately, my dentist was able to fix my bite, which has been off ever since I had oral surgery in March. I no longer clang my teeth together when pronouncing my J's, hallelujah! Now, if I could just stop grinding my teeth in my sleep. Got any tips for me?

I am really looking forward to this weekend. Our daughter, Angela, and I are meeting for lunch on Saturday. And I am sure that Gary and I will go out to dinner at least once this weekend--and, hopefully during next week, too--because this is Restaurant Week again in the Valley of the Sun. And that, my friends, is a very, very good thing! Look for one or two restaurant reviews here next week.

Please check out the fabulous creations by my teammates this week! And do find a fun image to color, and then play along with us! Have a wonderful weekend, everybody! 


27 comments:

  1. HI Penny,
    It's a beautiful card!! I like the Egyptian style on it!!
    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! And fabulous coloring! Love all the little details! Cannot wait to read your latest restaurant reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is stunning Penny. Gorgeous images and your colouring is amazing. I love all your beautiful embellishments and fab sentiment too.
    I hope you have a good weekend
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those pyramids. your coloring is fabulous.
    as for the grinding teeth - don't sleep? a dentist tell me if I didn't get a night guard for the teeth grinding I might single handedly pay for his retirement home. I fooled him, I moved.
    Enjoy the fine dining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No wonder you wanted to use this image and background because you rocked it. You did an outstanding coloring job!!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny, she is gorgeous. I love the background and how beautifully you have colored the pyramids. Your image is fantastic and she is also colored fantastic. Love your card, one of my favorites of your beautiful cards. Have a great weekend. Can't wait to hear where your went to eat out and what you had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this card is fantastic!!!! amazing coloring
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, Penny! Love the background and adorable Cleo! Awesome job on the coloring! Have a terrific weekend! Instead of Buffalo wings, I guess I'll be having sushi at my weekly hangout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a stunning background Penny and you have coloured it beautifully. The image is gorgeous - fabulous hair.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Penny, i love this...do you have a tutorial for coloring hair..this is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving this cute Egyptian image and your coloring is fab!!! Love the sentiment too- cause I sure am a queen of denial about my age! Hope you have a great lunch with your daughter : ) AS for grinding - I do that too cause my bite is not correct- so i have a night guard that corrects the bite when I am sleeping...... It helps alot, but I still have TMJ.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card Penny, your colouring is fab & I love the colours :o)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable image! Your coloring is spectacular. I love everything about this card! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Me Creative.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi sweetie this is just stunning, love the colours that you have used, thank you for joining us at WOC this time hugs Pops xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome creation Penny! Love those pyramids and Cleo is the star in this desert that's for sure! Your colouring is fantastic and I totally love the way you've placed the pyramids on a die cutand all your little embellies. Hope you had a great weekend, Cheers :)S

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this looks so fantastic!! Love the cute gal with that perfect background scene and your amazing colouring really sets the whole thing off - just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Penny, your card is simply stunning. Your coloring is amazing and the background scene is fabulous.
    Big hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just adore your around the world take. Your colouring is always so professional. Glad you are orally sound again. Still trying to find a way to get those penguins to your doorstep.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous card! Wonderful scene!! Thank you for playing along with the CMC Copic Challenge!
    Danni-CMC DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. ohoooo fabulous card! come and join in over at Quirky Crafts 'It's a small world' challenge too!!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Penny, this is fab hunnie. I love the image and the pyramids in the background. Super colouring and layout.
    When you find out how to stop grinding your teeth in your sleep let me know, I've done it since I had a bridge and boy is it annoying!!
    Hope you enjoyed your eating out too, love it when someone else does the cooking and washing up.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow wow wow, this is fabulous Penny!! Love the image and the coloring on the sand is soooo beautiful ( also on the main image, lol)
    And about the grinding... I also have a night guard, it helps a lot and makes my headaches also less!!
    maybe worth to try :-)
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW!! Penny, Fantastic job, love your coloring and your background is perfect for the Queen of Denial, love the sentiment. Still in Texas my SIL is doing better today, they did not think the brain tumor was as big as it was, so going to take longer to get better and she has to go to rehub for several weeks.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is just gorgeous card! Your colouring is really gorgeous!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Magnolia and more Challenge! Hope to join us again soon!
    Hugs
    Barbara GR

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on winning the Anything Goes Challenge at Color Me Creative with your beautiful card!
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yikes! This card is beyond fantastic.

    You created a great scene and colored it to perfection! I love all the embellishments and the design too!

    I repeat. "Yikes!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate the kind comments more than I can say! :^)
Hugs, Penny