Friday, March 14, 2014

The Outlawz Alcohol Markers Fantasy or Fairies Challenge and Kay's Birthday Card

A very good morning to you all. Or whatever time of day it is where and when you read this. Are you ready for the weekend? Hope you have something fun planned. We are going out to the Fountain Hills Art Fair on Sunday with our football peeps, Andy and Amy.

And we just sent in our deposit on our season tickets for the Cardinals this fall. Free agent signings are on-going, and we are having some interesting pick-ups. Of course, only time will tell if they pan out. But it is something to look forward to.

We went to my sister's house on Sunday and got to see her granddaughters, who are grown, and our granddaughters, who are growing. Kelsey, age 11-1/2, is almost as tall as I am now. Holy moly, Rocky. (Of course, that isn't saying a whole lot, since I am not very tall myself. I was once 5'2", but that was when I was young. Bodies have a way of settling. I have no idea exactly how tall I am now.  And you have to gain a bit of width when the height decreases. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.) Anyway, it was a really great party with lots of good food and good company. I am so glad we were able to go.

Then, on Monday, we saw Rose and Del from our military days. Yes, back in the early 70's we were friends at Ft. Benning, Georgia. Used to play a lot of pinochle. For hours on end. Cheap entertainment. And anyone who has been in the military, or a military wife, knows you need cheap entertainment. As least we certainly did. Salaries were not very good for enlisted men in the 70's. I hope they are better now.

Anyway, we had fun trying to catch up. There were just too many years in-between to really find out all about each other, but we certainly did share some laughs--like we used to. And I found out, much to my dismay, that I have always been known as gullible. Whaaaat? Moi? Well.......yeah, I guess so.

Gary did a great job of fixing our dinner. We had Crazy Rice, (it has so many fruits & veggies in it, plus bacon), and grilled chicken that was marinated overnight in a lime-juice concoction. It actually pre-cooked the chicken, kind of like ceviche. Gary finished the cooking on the grill. Man, that chicken had great flavor and was sooo tender. Yum! He kind of cheated on the salad, though, because he bought it already prepared. If he didn't have such a useless wife in the kitchen, the salad could have been fixed here. (Clearing throat now.) But it was a really lovely meal, preceded by fruits, cheeses, and Gary's delicious salsas. Yup. I am one spoiled chick. Eat your hearts out.

Back to our regularly-scheduled programming. We are sponsored this month by Elisabeth Bell. You will find darling images at this website. Our randomly-selected participant will receive two digis.


And here are the two darling images you could win:


Now to my card for the week. I decided to use an image from the Art by Mi Ran collection. This is my first time to color one of her images; I found it to be quite enjoyable in spite of the fact that some of my markers were not co-operating with me. (I think they need cleaning. Yeah, I'll get right on that.)  I chose Shaylee, as she definitely fit the challenge, and I thought my ex-sister-in-law would appreciate it. I had to use green on Kay's card, as her birthday is on St. Patrick's Day. So I chose some DP from the Authentique Splendid collection and paired it with green CS from Stampin' Up. My DP was Zutterized.

I printed Shaylee on X-Press It CS and colored her with my Copic and Twin Touch Brush markers:

Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair: YR21, YR23, E15, E18
Eyes: YG23, YG25, YG93, YG95
Wings: Y32, Y35, Y38
Dress: RV52, TTP147, RV55
Tree: E44, E47, E49, YG21, YG23, YG25, YG91, YG93, YG95
Shrubs: YG21, YG23, YG25, YG91, YG93, YG95
Flowers: Y32, Y35, Y38, N0, N2, RV52, TTP147, RV55
Sky: BG0000
Clouds: N0, N2
Necklace: Spica Pink

I finished my card with flowers and a crown pin from WOC and die cuts made with the following:

Memory Box Bella Bouquet
Memory Box Typewriter #4
MFT Leafy and Medium Leafy Flourishes
Cheery Lynn You
SCACD Fancy Flowers Corner

That does it for me this week. I am going to enter this into a couple of challenges. (I know, I can't believe it either!)

Crafty Little Fairies Things with Wings Challenge
Wild Orchid Crafts Wings and Things Challenge
Penny's Paper-Crafty Anything Goes Challenge

Please check out the fabulous cards by my talented teammates: Carla, Dawn, Linda, and Kathi. And then get out your alcohol markers and color up something fantasy-related. We'd love to see what you create!

Have a great weekend!


19 comments:

  1. Hi Penny,
    wow.. I'm speechless! the card is beautiful! Great colors .. just fabulous!!! Wonderful!!!
    Wish you a great weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Penny! I really love the shading on her face and dress. Such an amazing job. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is stunning Penny. Such a pretty image and your colouring is outstanding. I love all your gorgeous die cuts too.
    I hope you have a good weekend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, your card is adorable. She is beautifully colored and love all of the dies you've used. Beautiful bright cheerful colors make this such a happy card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweetie this is simply stunning, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning, Penny! I love all the diecuts and flowers! You've colored this image superbly! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fabulous Penny! your coloring is fantastic, and I love those flowerdies you used,
    Very pretty image :-D
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your posts are always so fun and interesting to read, Penny! Your card is beautiful...that's one of my favorite color combinations! I also love your coloring and all the pretty flowers! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card- your coloring is amazing!!! I have long been an admirer of these images. I love your flower embellishments too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! Such gorgeous coloring and such a beautiful card!! Thank you so much for joining the WOC Challenge! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sweetie, I love this creation, looks fabulous, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous design, Penny. I love all of those die cut flowers and your coloring is fantastic.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowee Teamie!! Your colouring on this is super-duper!! Very impressive and I thought I went to town with my floral die-cuts but no, yours have blown me out of the water!! Fab card all round :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow Penny you have brought Shaylee to life beautifully with your colouring and design. Now you are really so spoilt with that cheffie husband of yours. Is he rented out?
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is soo pretty Penny, I love the colours :o)
    Hope you're having a fab weekend.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, I love the shade of pink you've chosen and the flowers are delightful

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Happy Sunday!

    Hugs

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  17. the fairy is beautifully colored and I love all those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Penny, What a super image and fab colouring, love your shading. Loving the pink blooms too.
    You always make me drool hun over the wonderful food you describe!! If only I lived closer ha ha.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Wow! Wow!!!! Awesome job coloring this great scene. Such great depth of color, shading, and shadowing. I'm especially impressed that the white lilies-of-the-valley stayed so pristinely white. I'm also impressed that such a skinny little fairy has such great cleavage.

    Great design, perfect paper choice, and most excellent use of your die-cuts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I appreciate the kind comments more than I can say! :^)
Hugs, Penny