My person took herself to the dental hygienist at 1:00 p.m. Never mind about that. That part is not important. The important part is: at 2:00 p.m. the hygienist painted a fluoride treatment on my teeth, which could not be brushed away for four hours. That part is important because:
1. I had intended to brush my teeth after 6:00 p.m., but Donovan's episode happened before I had the chance, and
2. I went out to all those places with scuzzy-looking teeth, since the whitish fluoride crap was still on them, and
3. I had to try to remember not to let people see my teeth, so they didn't get grossed out and
4. I am sure I didn't remember not to let people see my teeth, so they probably did get grossed out. They probably thought my teeth were mossy from never brushing them.
5. And this doesn't relate to my teeth at all, but I was covered in dog vomit, my make-up was streaked from crying so much, and I looked like hell.
6. Which brings me to the fact that I actually went to a wine bar that night, looking like something a cat dragged out of the sewer. Do you believe it? I don't--and I was there!
7. And the emergency clinic vet made me do it. When Gary suggested that we go to the wine bar, (while we waited for Donovan to come out of the anesthesia), and I distinctly said No, because look at me, I'm such a mess, I'm covered in dog vomit, the vet said, Oh, go ahead, it's dark in that bar, and no one will see you anyway. (Sorry, somebody just typed another sentence with a million commas in it. Again, who does that?) So I blame the vet for me scaring so many pretty young people at Postino's in downtown Gilbert Monday night, especially our waitress. Deepest apologies to you all.
Alrighty then, onward and upward. (We can only hope.)
Today's card is a take on The Outlawz Sketch challenge as a GD. (I wonder if Sandi is regretting her invitation yet?) I decided to use the Dutch Canary image I got as a freebie from the Het Canary Blog Challenge. Krista of Saturated Canary designed this image. If you agreed to post a card to this blog challenge, you could receive this darling image free. So, of course, I agreed. And then almost forgot I needed to make a card with it. Thank goodness I remembered in time! The sketch for this week is:
I turned the sketch on its side and came up with the brilliant (?) idea to use the image twice for the two taller arrows. What was I thinking? Dunno, 'cuz I made lots more work for myself. I thought that I could use my sentiment from Create with TLC for the third arrow. The rest of the design came from "somewhere out there". (OK, what movie was that song from?)
I chose my color palette from my DP, which was a piece from the Bo Bunny Forever Fall collection, which I paired with Stampin' Up CS. I printed my images on Make it Colour blending card and my sentiment on SU CS. Below the sentiment I stamped a bird from the SU Bliss set and added some Queen & Company pearls. My corners were rounded with my Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper. There are several die cuts on this card, (I know, I am shocked, too), made from the following: Memory Box/Poppy Stamps Wildflower Patch die, Memory Box tree and branch dies, Cheery Lynn Lace Corner Deco B die, Magnolia Doohickey fence die, MFT grass die, Spellbinders Labels 10 die.
I accented the images with a white gel pen, coated their eyes with Glossy Accents, (they said it stung a little bit--my bad), and added a touch of Stickles to their hair bands. All this was done after coloring them with my Copics. Are you ready for this list? R01, R02, R05, R20, W00, W0, BG10, BG45, BG49, BV00, YG61, YG63, YG67, Y21, Y23, Y26, YR14, YR16, YR18, YR20, YR21, YR23, YR24, YR27, E000, E00, E11, E21, E25, E27, E29, E35.
I am also entering this card into the Saturated Canary Dotty Challenge at the very last second. I figured, oh why not, I can't dance.
I hope you will try this sketch and join us at The Outlawz Sketch Challenge this week. We'd all love to see what you create!