But, since it is the first Monday of December, it is also time for a new PoP challenge. This month, fittingly, the challenge is faith. I do not know your religious or spiritual beliefs, nor do I need to. I think it is enough for us to just have faith in something greater than ourselves. To expect that life is guided by more than our own two hands, and to be grateful for that fact. To carry the burden of everything there is would be an impossible task. It is far easier for me to rest my faith in a higher power, and so I do.
I love the quotation by Helen Keller that I used on my card today: "Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light." That touches me on so many levels. And it goes beautifully with the lovely image provided by Pickled Potpourri Designs, Christmas Candle, that I used on my card.
I printed this image on X-Press It BC, and colored it with my Copics: C00, C0, C2, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, R02, R05, R08, YG61, YG63, YG67. I Zutterized the edges of the image and used Stampin' Up CS for the card base and die cuts. I used Memory Box Glowing Candles and Cheery Lynn Holly Flourish dies. A fairly simple card with a very complex message...
I want to mention that we have a special GDT this month, Sue, from Sue's Paper Crafts. And be sure to check out all the wonderful creations by the talented DT, too!
The sponsors and prizes this month are:
- A prize package of a $7 gift certificate to Pickled Potpourri Designs, (good for any digital product), for the post or the project that the DT deems the most inspiring.
- Three digital images from Fresh Brewed Designs will be given to a randomly-selected participant.
- One image from Creative Bug Digital Stamps will be given to each person chosen as a DT Delight.
There will also be:
- One digital designer paper, (made to order in a few different ways), from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
- One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.
So, as usual, there are a lot of wonderful prizes to be won this month. Be sure to get your entries in and let us know how your creation relates to the theme of Faith.
If you know that the Cardinals lost yesterday, you know that I am feeling a bit down. All of the fans are today, I am sure. We can still hope to make the playoffs, and I do. But if they do not, at least the team gave us a fantastic run this year before we lost our starting quarterback. And, for that, I am grateful. Go Cards!
Wishing you all a wonderful week!