For this week's challenge you will create a card or project using the above photo as your inspiration! Let your creative mind wander, and I'm sure you'll come up with something STAMPtacular! Oh…and don’t forget to stamp! After all, we don’t call this STAMPtacular for nothing!
You will have from now until midnight (EST) October 13th, 2012 to complete this challenge and post a DIRECT LINK to your submission into our InLinkz in order to be entered into the drawing for this week's fabulous prize donated by:
PRIZE: 4 SHEETS of Digi Stamps
Before I get to the card I made for this first challenge, I need to mention a couple of things:
1. My sister, Barbara, is finally feeling better since her surgery. She has had quite the time with pain; she has fibromyalgia, so she is in continual pain to start with. Then add a knee replacement and it gets dicey. However, she is now off of her pain meds, so that must mean she is recovering well from her major surgery. Thank goodness! Love ya, Barbie!
2. Our other sister, Merrilyn, and our BIL, Ron, are presently in Hawaii on their 50th anniversary gift trip. Or is it an anniversary trip gift? No matter, they are currently on the island of Oahu, but will be going to the Big Island as well. Hope they are having the time of their lives! I do envy them--Hawaii is my favorite vacation spot. I am jealous, you guys!
3. We will not be going back to Hawaii next year, as Gary booked us into a 10-day stay at the Atlantis resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas during our anniversary month, (May). Oh, yeah, I know, what a shame. Too bad we have to go to the Bahamas instead of, say, Death Valley, CA. What a pity. I can hear you sobbing for me from here. Thank you. Pffffft. Anyway, it will be 43 years. With the same man. Can you believe it? I almost can't. I want to know what happened to the years in between our wedding and now. I don't feel any older, (but I know I look it!), and I think it's grossly unfair that this time has sped by so quickly. So there.
4. We are going to granddaughter Kelsey's baptism this afternoon. She decided, at age 10, that she was ready for this occasion. Afterward we will go to Miele's for dinner, which is an Italian eatery that Kelsey loves. Italian food is her fav.
5. My Arizona Cardinals lost on Thursday night. They are no longer undefeated. Waaaah. And that's all I can say about that.
6. My Arizona Diamondbacks ended their season with a rip-roaring .500 record. Let's hope next year is much better, or those season tickets we bought may be chewed up and spit out.
I think that's enough catching up, don't you? Oh, last night we went out to dinner, but since I am writing this in advance, I don't know what I ate yet. So I cannot comment on how good or bad it was. I will try to remember to be the food critic on my next post. And, if you just understood this paragraph, pat yourself on the back. You deserve it.
Changing gears here: when I was creating the first card for my DTSSC, (I love acronyms, don't you?), I needed to make a card for my SIL's father, Phil. He was having quadruple by-pass surgery, (which was very successful, thank goodness), and I wanted to make something special for him.
I knew I could make a get-well card for Phil using the fall colors shown above. I started by picking my DP, Bo Bunny Forever Fall, with some coordinating Stampin' Up card stock. I then looked for a fun image and found one by Kenny K, called Naughty Nurse, which I printed on Make It Colour Blending Card. I chose my sentiment from among the plethora Paulette has at Create with TLC. I printed that on SU card stock and cut it, (and its mats), out with Spellbinders Classic Squares dies. I also chose two sentiments from the Stampin' Up Teeny Tiny Wishes set that I printed on two tickets. These tickets were produced from the Whimsy ticket stamp and ticket die. My cityscape was cut with the Memory Box Cityscape Nightline die. The tree was cut with the Memory Box Arboscello Tree die. I added ribbon from my stash.
My image was colored with Copics: BG0000, BV00, YR20, YR21, YR23, YR24, R20, YG21, YG23, YG25, E000, E00, E02, E07, E09, E11, E15, E18, E19, W2. I added Glossy Accents to her eyes and the syringe. I accented the image with a white gel pen. Finally, I used a clear Copic Spica to highlight her lips and necklace.
I am looking forward to all of you playing along with us at this week's Stamptacular Sunday Challenge! And here's wishing everyone everywhere a wonderful week.